Old Habits Die Hard....


Old Habits Die Hard......



Hello Everyone! Welcome back if your an avid reader or special welcome if you stumbled to my blog not knowing or just in curiosity, please note I do write avidly for mytrendingstories.com and they are amazing, check out my blog page there here where some of my content goes just over there and not on this blog too. 


I was thinking the other day about my journey and my Christianity side of my life, if you didn't know I was baptised at baptist church on the 13th of October 2013, after much debating and answers found and more it is no secret that I am a Christian.

I'm always careful how I talk about my religious side of my life especially on social media, I am not the person who will force people to believe in the stuff I do or the stuff that things people should think about, everyone makes there choices about there beliefs and its only fair to respect that.

My Father is a baptist Christian, my Brother is also Baptised as well before he got married and we all chose this path freely on our own, but I'm not here to talk about how I became a Christian I just wanted to give you all some brief background history.


I got inspired today to write this post because I realised many things about myself I have changed but time and time again those old habits still creep up to me like I haven't abled to shake off, I am not talking about biting my nails and deliberately I'm talking about those little quirks that I sometimes need a reality check to realise that I need to stop them and I still haven't quite shaken it off.


  • Swearing - Especially this week I have really been stunned with how my mouth speaks, and like its not uncommon sadly in this day and age that we all say the odd word we shouldn't, but I  didn't have a second thought where I was going to write a status on Facebook to realise I had sworn about four times in this status and was shocked about how awful it had come out, I don't swear everyday but when I do I'm like why? What use is this bad word? Recently this habit has gotten really bad and I really think I need to start thinking before I speak, anyone remember that saying?

  • Music - Becoming a Christian is never an easy thing, I believe that life really does become harder the moment you walk with God and not on your own path anymore, and its explained that its never easy.  Not long after I was baptised I started to look at the things that were in my home, movies books music etc, most of the music I have removed from my collections mostly heavy metal stuff like Black Sabbath, Placebo, IAMX, Children - I really started to be aware of what some of the songs were and how they were teaching and what there content was like, don't get me wrong I still love there music, but when I embarked my journey I didn't quite understand how there music was not a good one, it took so much battling in myself that I was like really? huh? how? my first thoughts were its just music, whats the harm? and sometimes to this day I still struggle hard so much with music, I am am an avid rock music lover, I love anything that also gives me a memory, I listen to many things, taking on more Christian rock bands has been really interesting also, but I sit here and at times when I'm in my low moods my old classic music comes out from the dark parts of my head and I don't know why but its still an old comfort even if most of the messages of songs are not exactly the brilliant ways to get a message across but sometimes I don't always understand the other side and I do have to pay more attention to what I listen to.

  •  Social Media - I used to be obsessed with Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Bebo - heck I remember them all coming out, in fact my old Facebook account I lost the password too is still very much there except I cannot log into it and it has my old school photos. But using social media was like my life consumed into one, if it was on the news it was on social media also, I remember the battles of social media starting in school, the days where I had to be on MSN Messenger (bet some of you remember that?) where it consumed my entire life, I couldn't put my phone down, I was constantly checking everything, I still check my social media stuff now at least once or twice a day, but I have also discovered the habit I suppose in a good way to put it down and not let it consume me, it is hard at times, but my whole world centred on a app these days or a program, now I annoy many family and friends cause I have a terrible habit of not answering my phone or texting back, but I do have to say that social media even with my blogging has become more in my life and I have moments where I have to step away from the computer or iPhone and come back to the real world... I never thought I would find this habit a hard one to break.

Obviously this is just some of the changes I have made in my life for the better, I am not writing this to make anyone feel bad or beside themselves or to state that I am better than anyone because I'm not and never will I be perfect, its just these last two years from 25yrs old - 27yrs old and I think I appreciate the life journey I have made and discovered more about myself and I thought it would be interesting to share or bore you to sleep!

Have a good week and ill be writing here again soon!

lots of love

Viccie
xxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

Paris Hilton Youtube Documentary

Being Told I Fake It, The Dark Side Of The Internet